Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Parents Seek Bilingual Nannies

Somehow, I missed this article in the NYT about parents seeking bilingual nannies for their children.

Last year, I asked my nanny to speak to my children (ages 3 & 6) exclusively in Spanish and it has been a mixed bag. Both my children now understand Spanish but my oldest child has resisted speaking it and that influenced my youngest child to do the same. I thought it would be nice for my children to be bilingual and I'm still hopeful they will soon feel the same way.

Anyway, we get this request all the time, so I thought I would share this article

Happy Labor Day!

Looking for Baby Sitters: Foreign Language a Must
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/19/nyregion/19bilingual.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&sq=Bilingual%20Nannies&st=cse&scp=1


Posted by Wee Care Nanny Agency